Rule 1: Last on, first off.
Rule 2: Avoid corrosive liquid.
Rule 4: Store separately.
- After showering, using lotion, or any other body product, wait until your product is completely dry before slipping on your gold-plated accessories. Some products can have a negative reaction with gold-plating and can cause changes in color or texture.
- Always apply perfume before putting on your jewelry. Perfume chemicals can react with the metal and cause a change in the appearance, so you don’t want to spray it directly on your pieces!
- Don't sleep, shower or do the dishes in your gold-plated jewelry.
- Do not wear jewelry when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- When traveling or not wearing your accessories, make sure to store them in a jewelry case or wrapped up in a soft cloth to prevent scratching.
- Gently wipe jewelry with a soft cloth after each wear to remove makeup and oils (from skin).
- Store pieces separately so that they won’t rub against one another.